It’s been one VERY long year since I have posted. So here’s a quick recap of my major life events from the past year.
- The Ohio State Football Team UNDISPUTEDLY won the 2014 National Championship
- I cut all my hair off (well almost all of it) for little kiddos with cancer
- BuckeyeThon raised $1.23 MILLION dollars FOR THE KIDS (exceeded our $1 million dollar goal)
- The Ohio State Wrestling Team became the 2014-2015 Big Ten AND National Champions (talk about a heck of a year!)
- I received my Bachelor’s Degree in Strategic Communication and Specialization in Non-Profit Management from The Ohio State University, making me the FIRST college graduate of my family!
I think that sums most of it up. So what am I doing now? Well, I’m 22 years old, living back at my mom’s house, working part-time as a wedding planning assistant and looking for my next big adventure! One thing I have learned since graduating is that you must have patience when it comes to finding your first “big kid” job and I cannot lie, it has been tough! But I agreed to never settle for less and keep searching until you find a great fit. Now, I understand that I cannot get my dream job straight out of college and all great things take time but then I was thinking…what is it that I really want to do with my life?
I graduated at 21 years old and have only been 22 years old for 4 SHORT months (gasp). I know my passions, I know my skill sets and I know certain things that I want to do in life but where do I begin? Big girl job? Master’s Degree? Travel around the world? Jumpstart my lifestyle and fashion blog? THE LIST IS ENDLESS! But then I remember one very important fact, I am only 22 years old and although I am not guaranteed tomorrow, I should focus on today. I have been blessed with so many great opportunities and experiences in the past so it’s time to realize how many more opportunities I have in the future.
It will be a constant battle with myself to be patient, stay positive and to have confidence but I just need to let life happen. So as I continue my journey, I hope I can inspire, entertain and urge you to follow your dreams and trust what the future has in store for you!
More babbling from me to come soon!